Associations play a key role in formalizing non-formal knowledge and skills: from identifying experts (e.g. for their conferences and working groups) to creating curricula for their (online) academies, associations have also been increasingly active in generating additional sources of revenues. This working group shall explore the options for associations to recognize achievements across their network, to certify these and to create value in terms of employability.
Whilst there are many associations (the UIA lists 41.000 active international associations), they often struggle with limited financial and personal resources. This working group shall support them by delivering a range of outcomes (see below) as well as providing peer consultancy and support.
- Business Case for an association's Board of Directors and key decision makers
- Process how to select a suitable badging platform i.e. for volunteers (visibility, future skills, career pathways)
- Marketing plan with funnel (badge for members, badge for experts etc.)
- Scaling approach on verifying specific skills internationally
- Blending into official taxonomies (e.g. UN SDGs, accredited education providers)
Open to participate: Yes, also for non-members
Regular meeting schedule:
Every month on the first Thursday at 16:00 CET (15:00 UTC + 1), register here.
- 05/11/2020: Business plan for non-profit associations to implement badges
- 03/12/2020: Setting KPIs for a successful launch
- 07/01/2021: Selecting a suitable badge platform
- 04/02/2021: Awarding badges to volunteers
- 04/03/2021: Aligning badges with UN SDGs
- 08/04/2021: Conducting workshops to engage key stakeholders, register here