We are a network of educational, corporate, association and government organisations. Our goal is to develop and facilitate best practices on badges and credentials regionally and globally. Our community is collaborating on the following areas:
- Designing Badges & Credentials (Curriculum, Testing, Verification)
- Deploying Badges & Credentials (Internal Marketing, Practices)
- Taxonomies and matching with official certification schemes
Key advantages of joining our network:
- For accredited education providers (vocational schools, colleges, universities, adult learning centers): un-bundle your certification and degree programs to ensure permeable access for learners based on badges and credentials, and thereby better serve the needs of labour markets and develop new business models.
- For larger corporations and organisations: ensure successful upskilling and reskilling of your workforce by revealing internal skills and competences, anticipate future skills and verify their development, run dynamic impact analysis of learning programs, provide incentives by recognition of internal badges by external partners (see 1).
- For associations: add value to your certificates by linking them to government standards, make skills identifiable within your network and verify skills among your members, transform innovation into curricula.
- For governments: gain insights into your labour market, close regional skill gaps by partnering with education providers and other governments, leverage migration more effectively by adding recognition layers of prior learning and verification in line with internationally aligned standards, processes and technology.
We have now selected the first five use cases to work on:
- Micro-certification activity that connects higher education and the workforce
- Rolling out a digital accreditation / badging / credentialing initiative in a larger organisation
- Foreign languages skills badges and micro-certifications
- Humanitarian sector badging initiative
- Developing a scaling badge framework for associations
- Working group on micro-credentials for innovation education and training in Africa